UNITY – The Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA) offers the following online workshops in April:
• Sunday April 4 – “The Scionwood & Fruit Tree Workshops” will be held from 2 pm to 6 pm. Free webinars start on time, every hour.
• Monday April 5 – “Work Management Series: Communication and Delegation” will run from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm The series is for farm managers who want to ensure their workers understand the overall goal.
• Wednesday April 7 – “Grow your own organic garden” will take place from 5 pm to 7 pm. The cost is $ 0 to $ 10. Topics covered include soil science, composting and crop rotation.
• Thursday April 8 – “Container Gardening” will take place from noon to 1:15 pm Webinar is an optional donation. Learn all about growing food in small spaces.
• Saturday April 10 – “Grafting Fruit Trees” will take place from 10 am to noon. The cost is $ 30 and $ 20 for MOFGA members. Learn how to graft your own fruit trees. Optional add-on: a transplant package, mailed to you, with everything you need to get started.
• Monday April 12 – “Work Management Series: Supporting LGBTQ + Employees and Apprentices” will take place from 4 pm to 6 pm. Learn and discuss the best ways to support LGBTQ + employees and apprentices on your farm.
• Tuesday April 13 – “The Radical Forest Manager” will run from 6 pm to 7 pm. The cost is $ 0 to $ 15. A discussion on how ecological forest management can help mitigate the effects of climate change.
• Tuesday April 20 – “Plan your vegetable garden” will take place from 6 pm to 7:30 pm The cost is free with an optional donation. The workshop will cover garden layout, choice of varieties and more.
• Sundays April 25, May 2 and 9 – “Orcharding 101 with Michael Phillips” will take place from 3 pm to 5 pm. Movable scale: $ 30 to $ 80 for the three sessions. Learn how to build and maintain a healthy, organic orchard.
• Monday April 26 – “Work Management Series: Addressing and Preventing Sexual Harassment in Small Farms” will take place from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Cost is $ 0 and the workshop covers response strategies and prevention of harassment in various contexts.
To register, visit mofga.org/event-calendar.
UMaine and UNH Extensions host webinar on fiddleheads