Home Workshops series Glen Rea returns from loan to Wigan after suffering a knee injury | News

Glen Rea returns from loan to Wigan after suffering a knee injury | News


We’re sorry to begin a loan review with sad news, but we can confirm midfielder Glen Rea has returned to Kenilworth Road after suffering a serious knee injury during his spell with Wigan Athletic.

The Town midfielder made four appearances after joining the Latics on transfer deadline day in January, aiming to play a key role in their push for automatic promotion from Sky Bet League One.

Following his debut against Stoke in the FA Cup fourth round, he then appeared twice as a substitute before making his debut against AFC Wimbledon a fortnight ago. Sadly, Glen was sent off after 15 minutes of the win over the Dons and saw a consultant this week ahead of scheduled surgery.

We would like to point out that this is not the same knee that Glen injured in the 2018-19 League One season, when he returned to full fitness to return to the Championship team and play 71 times for the Hatters. because.

Good luck to Glen, who knows he will have the full support of everyone at Kenilworth Road throughout his rehab and is determined to come back stronger than ever once again.

Elsewhere, Dion Pereira made his much-anticipated Bradford debut at the weekend before doing it again midweek, helping the Bantams to back-to-back wins.

Injuries so far had delayed Dion’s introduction as a Bradford player, but after winning wins over Forest Green Rovers and Hartlepool United Mark Hughes’ side have grown to 13and in the Ligue 2 table.

Elliot Lee got the better of his brother Olly in midweek as Charlton beat Gillingham 1-0 at The Valley. The striker was introduced in the 66and minute as the Addicks extended the gap between them and the League One drop zone to 10 points.

There was disappointment in the National League as Sam Beckwith and Maidenhead were on the receiving end of a late grief last weekend at Woking as the left-back played full 90 minutes for the seventh game in a row.

Avan Jones was a late substitute as St Albans City suffered a cruel 2-1 loss to Billericay Town on Tuesday night, while Ben Stevens and Hitchin Town also lost and were knocked out of the Herts Senior Cup after Cheshunt FC scored twice in overtime. .

Finally, Casey Pettit played the full 90 minutes as Lewes were forced to settle for a point against Haringey Borough. The youngster will be looking to help the Rooks find their way back to winning ways when they face Bishop’s Stortford at home this Saturday.